Non contact level switch, the probe attached outside of tank (Model: HS-ULC)
The Smagall External Ultrasonic Liquid Level Control is a new type of liquid level monitoring and alarming instrument. The high frequency ultrasonic pulse produced by the probe of the liquid level control can pass through tank wall and transmit between the tank wall and the liquid and then be reflected back. By detecting and calculating the reflective behavior, the level control can identify whether there is liquid at the monitored position. The liquid level control can send relay signal to succeeding devices or other equipment at the mean time, which can realize the function of simultaneous monitoring or controlling.
This instrument is especially suitable for monitoring liquid level in a tank and alarming when the level reaches maximum or minimum level, which enables to monitor two levels simultaneously with only one transmitter. It can be also used to identify the existence of liquid in pipe (dry condition protection). The tank can be made of various kinds of metal, metalloid or unfoamed plastic. Such measurement technique is not affected by medium density, permittivity, conductivity, reflection coefficient, pressure, temperature, precipitation or other factors. Therefore it can be applied to the level control of various types of liquid in industries of pharmaceuticals, petroleum, chemical, electricity, food and so on. It is an ideal choice for strong toxic, corrosive and dangerous liquid level control.
Contrl meter structure Probe and Cable Component
Measurable tank wall thickness
-50℃~+60℃ (-58 °F ~ 140 °F)
15% ~ 100%RH
DC 24V(18 ~ 36V) 0.05A
Relay output (1 unit single-pole, double-throw control contact is passive nodes)
DC 30V 6A / AC 250V 6A
Different types available for different operating condition
Diameter of threading hole
Φ8mm ( adaptive cable diameter Φ6~8mm)
1. Measurement without holing on the tank wall to ensure the maximum safety;
2. High precision and fast reaction;
3. Very suitable for measuring dangerous liquid; (Applicable to high-toxic, high corrosive or pressure liquid, and liquid in complicated operating condition or explosive gas atmosphere.)
4. Very easy to install; (The tank can still work when intall the switch, it means no cleaning or holing on the tank wall)
5. No need to calibrate regularly;
6. Reliable and stable performance;
7. No need to maintain;
8. Long working life;
9. Intelligent and electronic;
10. Strong anti-interference capability.
Vertical tank Spherical tank
Fields of Application
1. Measurable Tank Material: The probe installation area on tank wall should be hard material with good conductivity such as carbon steel, stainless steel, various hard metal, fiber glass, epikote, rigid plastic, ceramics, glass, rigid rubber and other composite material. The internal and external surface of installing position should be smooth. If there are multipal layers in tank wall, the layers should compact without foam or air gap such as sulfide rigid rubber lining, epikote lining, stainless steel lining, and titanium.
2. Tank wall thickness: 2-70mm
3. Measurable tank type: Horizontal tank, spherical tank, vertical tank and so on.
4. Medium: The measurement result is not interfered by density, permittivity, temperature, pressure, purity, viscosity of medium.
Explosion proof Mark: Ex d II CT6 Gb